Job Role: Cafe Bar Assistant
Reports To: Front of House & Cafe Bar Manager
Responsible For: N/A
Salary: Aged 18 – 21yrs £6.70ph / Aged 21-25yrs £7.38ph / Aged 25+yrs £7.8ph
The Electric Theatre is looking to recruit reliable, friendly, outgoing, professional and hard-working Cafe Bar Staff. The role represents the public face of The Electric Theatre and as such, candidates must have exceptional standards of customer service.
- To ensure an efficient, warm and friendly service is delivered in the Cafe Bar at all times.
- To prepare and serve beverages, snacks and light lunches to staff and students at ACM and customers
to the Theatre.
- To represent ACM and The Electric Theatre as a welcoming and open place to visit.
- To adhere to opening and closing procedures, as managed by the Front of House Manager.
- To ensure the Cafe Bar, including it’s stock rooms and kitchen area, are kept clean and tidy at all
times. To complete any relevant cleaning schedules.
- To be proactive in your work, to use own initiative during quiet times.
- To help ensure the Cafe Bar is a safe and secure area for customers by reporting any health and safety
issues to a member of the Management team promptly.
- To replenish Cafe Bar stock as required and to take note of any stock that will shortly need ordering.
- To follow all cash handling procedures as set by the Front of House Manager.
- To attend relevant staff training days as required by The Electric Theatre.
- To diligently record wastage stock.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritising and managing time effectively.
- Experience of working in a front facing, customer lead environment.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Experience of cash handling procedures.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work well within a small team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and carry out tasks accurately, effectively and within given time frames.
- An enthusiasm for the arts desirable but not essential.
Standard shift hours are either 09:00 – 17:00 or 17:00 – Close. Closing time is dictated by the show but it’s rarely after 10.30pm. Candidates must be able to do a minimum of 2 shifts a week as a general rule. Due to the sale of alcohol all candidates must be aged 18+.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
Download the job description here – ET Cafe Bar Assistant JD.
If you would like to apply for this position, please download and complete our application form below and email this to email@example.com