Title: Technical Services Coordinator
Hours: Full and part time hours available dependent on role.
Purpose: We have a number of openings across week days, evenings and weekends for a multiskilled technician to provide exemplary technical service in support of education for students and staff across the ACM Guildford campus.
The Technical Services Coordinator may also be expected to rotate and deputise in the different roles that make up and form the specific functions of the department.
These roles include; Workshop and Loans, Internal plus External Events and Setups, Instrument stock control and maintenance, Studio Maintenance, Production IT.
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
- Liaise closely with Supervisor and all other members of the team to ensure all daily tasks, preps and setups are carried out accurately and on time.
- Quickly and effectively respond to tech calls and requests in all studios, performance and rehearsal spaces.
- Provide guidance and education to students and tutors to cover usage of all facilities.
- Troubleshooting room setups and equipment. Carrying out repairs to the above equipment, arranging third party work if and when necessary.
- Rigorous adherence to all loans rules and procedures to ensure security and accountability at all times.
- Liaise closely with Supervisor and Workshop and Loans Coordinator to ensure clarity of protocols and guidelines consistent across all shifts.
- Regular meetings with Supervisor to highlight procedural shortcomings and suggest improvements to existing systems and stores to increase efficiency and security.
- Ensure that all campus buildings are safe and secure for students and staff during opening hours.
- Follow opening and closing procedures consistently; make sure all buildings are locked and alarmed correctly.
- Vigilant to any possible security, health or abuse issues amongst students and staff. Immediately report any suspicions to Student Services.
- Provide technical and all other assistance to tutors, office staff and students.
- Check the Facilities calendar each day and remain in constant communication with the Supervisor and rest of team to provide any necessary assistance to ensure completion of daily tasks.
- Carry out regular maintenance across the site during holiday periods.
- Proficient in entire range of skills demanded by the department – studio, technical and MIT support, live sound, lecture and event prep/setup, instrument and cable repair, DIY – to allow for seamless provision of role cover during absences and holidays.
- All manner of DIY and building maintenance jobs around the site when required.
- Accurate and thoroughly checked equipment preps, deliveries and setups for lectures, exams, events and gigs.
- Work weekend Open Days when required.
- Maintain well organised, safe and tidy workshop and storage areas at all times.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Excellent and highly reliable organisational skills.
- Approachable, professional manner with clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective team player capable of building good working relationships with students and colleagues.
- Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure.
- Proactive thinker, capable of working effectively under own volition.
- Ability to judge efficacy of procedures and propose more effective alternatives.
- Capable of multitasking, assigning priorities quickly and effectively.
- Excellent and reliable attention to detail.
- Efficient administrative skills necessary for rigorous control and upkeep of stock inventories to allow fluid, consistent provision of facilities to students and staff.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Solid understanding of sound recording and performance equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues quickly and effectively in pressured environments; to think on their feet and deal with any situation calmly and effectively.
- Keen to pick up new skills and advance training in a wide range of areas to provide efficient support and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Willingness to assist in any situation: technical difficulties, building maintenance and support, first aid, etc.
- Ability to look well in advance and preempt issues or requests before they occur.
- PAT test trained.
- Full Class B UK driving licence.
- First Aid trained.
- Advanced studio and live sound knowledge.
- Decent soldering skills.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
Download job description – Technical Services Coordinator (17.12.18)
To apply for this role please download the application form below and send to email@example.com